Each month the lovely Cathy Bryant, with Write Out Loud in alliance, lists competitions which are free to enter and easy to enter online. She has begun posting the ones specifically aimed at women on the Women in the Spotlight facebook group, and with her permission I’m going to copy the September Comps and Calls into this post:
Deadlines from earliest to latest:
- 14th September Fiction and poetry. Theme: the domestic pagan and domestic queer. Hyachinth Noir.
- 15th September Flash Fiction call on the Forming Words exhibition in MCDC. Cakeshortandsweet. (not specifically aimed at women but very LGBTQ friendly).
- 15th September Fiction and poetry by women. Damselfly Press: A Gathering of Women’s voices.
- 22nd September Prose and poetry on any theme by the LGBTQIA community. Wilde Magazine.
- 30th September Poetry and Prose by women to the theme of Dark and Light. All Things Girl.
- 30th September Poetry and prose engaging with race issues by women of colour in academia. Colors of the Ink.
- 30th September Genre fiction 1000-6000 words on the theme of Second Contact. Crossed Genres Magazine.
- 1st October Fiction etc on the theme of Solidarity for this feminist publisher. The Feminist Press.
- LGBTQ poetry and fiction on the theme of The Call to Adventure.
- Fiction and poetry by writers of color. (Large percentage of female-written content). Apogee Journal.
Let’s all get submitting. Fourteen days to write a piece about the kitchen witch.