Adverts Workshop on Thursday 26th November 2015, with Anna Percy and Lenni Sanders
- Write about tampon and sanitary towel advertising:
Extract from Lenni Sander’s Tampon piece:
This slim white tube promises me
in the dreamy commercial
it fluffs up like a poodle
in the innocuous water
2. Write a poem about yourself in the form of an advert. Use the conceit in poem ‘Advertisement’ and the idea of describing what product you are and how to use.
3. Write a poem which mentions adverts, brand names, images, jingles slogans, pick 1-3 or use as many as you like.
4. Look at these poems which use adverts as an incidental mention or image, and use this technique in a piece:
5. Write a poetic response to one of these ads:
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow for Stirred: Adverts at the Three Minute Theatre!